My journery from Oracle ADF to Oracle JET

Hi,

The following posts will be completily focus on my experience from a typical Java EE - JSF - Oracle ADF Architect / Developer learning and acquiring the knowledge of the Front-End technologies.

I will focus in my journey about solving typical Enteprise Application problems in Oracle JET and comparing them with Oracle ADF.



There is lot of information of Oracle JET such as the Cookbook, Official Documentation, The Community Forum and other bloggers.

First of all let's introduce a bit more of Oracle JET...

What is Oracle JET?

Oracle JET (JavaScript Extension Toolkit) is a Toolkit or Framework which uses known free third-party JavaScript libraries + a set of UI components developed by Oracle to allow front-end developers to build Web Applications or Hybrid Mobile Applications.

Should I stop using Oracle ADF and move to Oracle JET?

My answer is NO. Depends of the use case and also the skills of the developers. We need to remember that Oracle ADF is a Framework based on Java Server Faces (JSF) and Oracle JET is based on JavaScript.

(Also you can read my presentation in NLOUG 2018: https://es.slideshare.net/DanielMerchnGarca/nloug-2018-future-of-jsf-and-adf)

Oracle ADF is still a very valid option for Enteprise Applications connected directly to a database or to produce SOAP/REST interfaces over it by using ADF Business Components. In addition, the Oracle MDS (Metadata Services) offers personalisation and other capabilities which you need to code in Oracle JET.

Also... Oracle ADF Security! So Oracle ADF brings lot of stuff already solved that you need to solve "manually" in Oracle JET.

I hope Oracle makes the last effort of upgrading Oracle ADF for including important updates that was included in Java EE 8:
  • An upgrade for compatibility with JSF 2.3.
  • The upgrade of Oracle WebLogic Application server to support CDI 2.0 (Context Dependency Injection) which brings strong capabilities such as Asynchronous Events. 
Oracle ADF next release / patch  with stabalise the Framework, but no big enhancements will come in the future.

Oracle JET may still sounds like a challenger in the Front-End world compared to the current community of Angular JS, React JS or Vue JS developers. However, the community is growing fast and it is good enough to be in the same league as the most popular JavaScript "Frameworks" (yes, between quotes as Angular is a Framework, but not React)

Which is my feeling in Front-End being a Java EE lover all your life?

I always HATED with all my heart JavaScript since I was studying IT... However, I have to admit that JavaScript with Classes, Modules and the notations ES6+ and TypeScript is becoming "Javatized" with making my HATE to it to become a bit more LOVE.

Stay tunned... my lack of skills in Front-End will be solved in the following posts.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this great information I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Same as your blog i found another one Oracle ADF .
    Actually, I was looking for the same information on internet for
    Oracle ADF Interview Questions and Answers/Tips and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spouse and I love your blog and find almost all of your posts to be just what I’m looking for. Appreciating the persistence you put into your blog and the detailed information you provide. I found another one blog like you Oracle ADF.Actually I was looking for the same information on internet for Oracle Application Development Framework and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks once more for all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this blog. The content is beneficial and useful. Very informative post. Visit here to learn more about Data Mining companies and Data analytics Companies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really a great and helpful piece of info. I'm glad that you just shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.Here is the right place to Submit Guest Post Big Data.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OJET: Inter-Module communication in TypeScript Template

OJET: Build and Deploy in an Application Server

OJET: Select All options using only Checkboxset