As you know, Content Presenter calls the following services which are coming from PortalVCRHelper component:
- VCR_GET_CONTENT_TYPES: Returns the list of Content Types which are Profiles and Region Definitions defined in WebCenter Content.
- VCR_GET_CONTENT_TYPE: Returns specific information of the Content Type.
- VCR_GET_DOCUMENT_BY_NAME: Returns the information of a DOC_INFO + the Content of the Data File (XML content).
- Imaging: Bringing Imaging capabilities to the new Content Manager Task Flow (which is the WCC ADF UI embedded in WebCenter Portal).
- IpmRepository: The old capabilities of using Imaging as a repository.
For example, if you have 40 Profiles and 8 Region Definitions the times can be like the following ones:
- VCR_GET_CONTENT_TYPES around 12-16 seconds to execute
- VCR_GET_DOCUMENT_BY_NAME: around 2-4 seconds each one
This bug has been solved after working hard with Oracle Support and exists already a patch :).
Patch 25528107: Slow performance from VCR_GET_CONTENT_TYPES when IPM components are enabled
It will reduce the latency of calling VCR services. However, never forget to Configure Coherence cache as suggested by the A-Team for reduce the VCR calls as much as possible :).